SAT 一周一篇阅读练习 -官方信息

7月13日
练习文章1
As aprofessional television critic, i have had to endure a forced,contractual separation from the discriminating TV viewer’s favoritephrase: “You couldn’t pay me to watch that.” But that’s how I feelabout miniseries. To me, they are beach reading without the beach, airport reading with the airport. Theylast just the wrong amount of time- they don’t have the compressedenergy of a short story, and they’re not expansive and open-ended, likea regular series or a novel. A miniseries is like an infomercial-by the time you decide whether you want to buy the product, you’velogged too many hours in front of the television.
Q1, The statement (To me… airport) serves to
A advance an opinion through a comical story
B justify a criticism by citing evidence
C express a negative sentiment in humorous terms
D analyze a theory by citing everyday examples
E note a pressing problem by describing its consequences
Q2, The statement (A miniseries…. Television), the author makes use of which of the following?
A  Allusion
B  Analogy
C  Understatement
D  Personification
E  Euphemism
练习文章2
From thestart, Cirque de Soleil was hardly a conventional circus. It hadoutrageous costumes, original music, and clever performers- but noanimals. Despite the dearth of beasts, it was a rousing success. Thoseinitial decisions were brilliant, since they essentially redefined thegenre. By not featuring animals, cirque eliminated one of the mostcostly and controversial parts of any circus. And by shifting the focusfrom an event geared to kids to one designed for adults, cirque pulledin an audience the traditional circus had never seen: adulttheatergoers accustomed to paying steeper ticket prices.
Q3, The passage focuses primarily on which characteristic of the founders of Cirque De Soleil?
A  Their innovativeness
B  Their impracticality
C  Their perseverance
D  Their interest in the performing arts
E  Their disdain for training animals
Q4, Why does the author consider Cirque de Soleil a success?
A  It survived a series of nearly devastating challenges.
B  It provided a new source of entertainment for parents.
C  It was an outlet for the designers’ creative impulses.
D  It made a number of shrewd financial decisions.
E  It rescued an obsolete genre from near oblivion.
正确答案: C, B, A, D
解析:
第一篇文章讲述了作者对miniseries的看法,从文章得出作者持否定观点,认为观看miniseries浪费时间,故第9题选C。第10题是SAT阅读常考题型,考查修辞手法,通读全文的内容可以得知,他运用了类比的修辞方式,因此答案选B。第二篇文章讲述了了一个名为Cirque的马戏团成功的原因,其中创新是必不可少的一项。通过第一句就可以得知第11题的答案为A。作者认为Cirque成功的原因是在于它在各个关键时刻做出的正确决定,故12题答案选D。
难度系数 :
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部