杨澜中国日报英文专栏谈姚明(双语)

Yao head and shoulders above the restBy Yang Lan (China Daily)

Over the past eight years, I have had the pleasure of interviewing basketball star Yao Ming three times. I first sat down with him in 2002, just before he was scheduled to leave for the United States to play in the NBA. Although he had been the first round draft pick that year, he still felt a sense of ambivalence about how his new life in the US would turn out.
在过去的八年间,我有幸三次采访姚明。2002年我第一次采访他是在他赴美之前。他已经进入当年NBA选秀的第一轮,仍然对自己在美国的新生活即憧憬又担忧。
The second time I interviewed him was during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He had returned as a hero, but knew he and his teammates needed to step up if the nation was to get a medal in the competition.
第二次采访他是在08年北京奥运会。作为篮坛英雄归来的姚明,仍然清醒地知道,中国要想笑傲奖坛,自己和队友们仍需努力。
The last time we met, Yao was unable to walk without crutches.
最后一次见到他时,他只能依靠拐杖走路。
I have watched the wide arc of Yao's career and wondered what it means for the development of Chinese basketball. It boils down to these five major points.
我已经目睹过了姚明宽泛的职业生涯,同时也在思考其对中国篮球的意义。概括说来,主要有以下五点:
Firstly, Yao's physical growth. Back in 2002 Yao was a shy, lanky 22 year old. Over the years his body has filled out to match his position as center. Now that he is out of action, it is even bigger.
第一,姚明的体力。2002年时他还是一个害羞、瘦长的22岁年轻人。然而几年来他已经锻炼成一个真正的中锋巨人。他不打篮球后,体格更加健壮了。
Second, is Yao's transformation from first round draft pick to team owner of the Shanghai Sharks, where he started his career.
第二,他的成功转型。从NBA第一轮选秀中崭露头角,到回到自己刚起步的地方,上海鲨鱼队,并且当上老板。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部