Key to distinction

小弟我斗胆写篇小文章,请各位大侠,包涵批评。
I would like to share with you the key of why I can get distinction, in the hope that they can be helpful for your study. I do believe your distinction is coming soon via your hard working.   
It is not complicated, but it is different to person to person and department to department. So, the following tips may be effective in my case, but not universal.
The most vital thing is the person who can give you distinction. In other words, who can determine the standard of distinction is critical to the success of you coursework. Never lose in touch with the lecturer and the more you ask the more chance to know his /her standards you get. Never waste the chance of speaking to your lecture. Ask them what they expect to see from your coursework. It is better that you guess the answers first, and then ask them if your thought is right. The more stupid your questions are the more quickly you get the right answer, because the lecturers have not time to explain every thing to you. They probably tell you what you should do within your work. Never finish the work at deadline, do it in advance. You do need time to ask your lecturer how can you improve your work and then get them better. Maybe, you have not enough time to write a draft, but send an outline of your work to you lecturer and at least find a time to discuss with them what you are going to write in your essay, before you start.
In term of your subject, I do think it more academic and demanding then mine. So I have to say sorry。
In term of using language in coursework, I am not going to say my English as good as I can talk about it, but my law lecturer was very pleased with my written, even when it was only a draft. So I just want to say that it is good as long as your English can be understood easily. There are three principles, when I am writing English. It should be as professional as I can; as clear as I can and as simple as I can. The result is that my English is not beautiful, but it is enough. To be professional, you need use the specific words of your subject as many as you can. Pleas be careful, the accuracy is more important then the width of your words. To be clear, you need a good structure for your essay. Good introduction indicates what you are going to say. Put more headings to help readers follow you idea. New idea, new paragraph, but never count your ideas. Avoid to using “First, Second…” and something like that. Finally, do not make it complex. I copied a sentence from New Concept English 4, but my teacher did not understand it at all! Express you idea clearly by simple sentence, unless you are sure a long sentence can be helpful.
The last the thing I would like to say is reading. Sounds like a nonsense, but it is truly helpful. My suggestion is that read about a same idea in different books and then mix them in your work. It could be a creation!!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部