女王发表第五次特别演讲 世界最大的新冠病毒临床试验

英国时间 4 月 5 日晚上 8 时,现年 93 岁的英国女王伊丽莎白二世针对目前新冠疫情的特别演讲视频在全英播出。

英国新冠疫情不断升级,也是使得女王发表这次全国讲话的重要原因。截止英国时间 4 月 5 日上午 9 点,共计 47806 人确诊新冠肺炎。4 月 4 日下午 5 点统计数据显示共 4934 人死亡

女王每年会在圣诞节发表例行致辞,然而在其他时间却少有发表全国讲话。这是女王在位 68 年以来第五次发表电视特别讲话。而前面四次分别是:1991年第一次海湾战争、1997年戴安娜王妃葬礼前、2002年女王母亲逝世、2012年女王即位60周年。

女王第五次全国演讲全文

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time. A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all. I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times.

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones. Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.

I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge. And those who come after us will say that the Britons of this generation were as strong as any. That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country. The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.

The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit; and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children.

Across the Commonwealth and around the world, we have seen heart-warming stories of people coming together to help others, be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours, or converting businesses to help the relief effort.

And though self-isolating may at times be hard, many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down, pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation.

It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister. We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety. Today, once again, many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones. But now, as then, we know, deep down, that it is the right thing to do.

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different. This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal. We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us.

I am speaking to you at what I know is an increasingly challenging time. A time of disruption in the life of our country: a disruption that has brought grief to some, financial difficulties to many, and enormous changes to the daily lives of us all.

I want to thank everyone on the NHS front line, as well as care workers and those carrying out essential roles, who selflessly continue their day-to-day duties outside the home in support of us all. I am sure the nation will join me in assuring you that what you do is appreciated and every hour of your hard work brings us closer to a return to more normal times.

I also want to thank those of you who are staying at home, thereby helping to protect the vulnerable and sparing many families the pain already felt by those who have lost loved ones. Together we are tackling this disease, and I want to reassure you that if we remain united and resolute, then we will overcome it.

I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge. And those who come after us will say the Britons of this generation were as strong as any. That the attributes of self-discipline, of quiet good-humoured resolve and of fellow-feeling still characterise this country. The pride in who we are is not a part of our past, it defines our present and our future.

The moments when the United Kingdom has come together to applaud its care and essential workers will be remembered as an expression of our national spirit; and its symbol will be the rainbows drawn by children.

Across the Commonwealth and around the world, we have seen heart-warming stories of people coming together to help others, be it through delivering food parcels and medicines, checking on neighbours, or converting businesses to help the relief effort.

And though self-isolating may at times be hard, many people of all faiths, and of none, are discovering that it presents an opportunity to slow down, pause and reflect, in prayer or meditation.

It reminds me of the very first broadcast I made, in 1940, helped by my sister. We, as children, spoke from here at Windsor to children who had been evacuated from their homes and sent away for their own safety. Today, once again, many will feel a painful sense of separation from their loved ones. But now, as then, we know, deep down, that it is the right thing to do.

While we have faced challenges before, this one is different. This time we join with all nations across the globe in a common endeavour, using the great advances of science and our instinctive compassion to heal. We will succeed - and that success will belong to every one of us.

We should take comfort that while we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.

But for now, I send my thanks and warmest good wishes to you all.

在这次演讲中,女王提到“这是一个相当艰难的时期……我们所有人的日常生活都发生了巨大的变化”。女王特别对 NHS 的医护人员表达了感谢,“我要感谢每一位在前线的NHS工作人员以及那些发挥重要作用的人们,他们持续无私地工作,支持了我们所有的人。”

“我希望在之后的岁月里,每个人都可以为他们在这次挑战中的作为感到骄傲。我们的后代会说,这一代的英国人一如既往地坚强。自律,从容,幽默,和同情心仍然是这个国家人民的特征。”

女王提醒大家,隔离或许是艰难的,但也是给了我们反思的机会。女王说这次讲话,让她想起1940年在妹妹帮助下进行的第一次演讲。女王的第一次公开演讲是二战时期,还是公主身份的女王发表了第一次广播演讲。在那次演讲中,公主和那些因德军轰炸而流离失所的孩子们对话,鼓励他们不要放弃希望。

在演讲的最后,女王说,“美好的日子将将重返,我们将再次和朋友们在一起、和家人们在一起,我们将再次相会。”

世界最大的新冠病毒临床试验
英国官方表示,英国正在开展全球最大的针对潜在特效药的随机临床试验。
在短短15天内,来自132家不同医院的近1000名患者已经被招募,预计还有数千名患者将在未来几周内加入试验,这将成为世界上最大的COVID-19治疗随机对照试验。关于这些疗法是否安全有效的最终结果预计将在数月内公布,如果结果是肯定的,全球数十万人将从中受益。
卫生和社会保障部长马特·汉考克说:在寻找治疗方法的竞赛中,英国在研究方面处于领先地位。”
这项试验正在测试一个专家小组推荐给英格兰首席医疗官的一些药物。它们包括:
利托那韦:常用于治疗艾滋病
地塞米松:一种在一系列条件下用于减轻炎症的类固醇
羟氯喹:治疗疟疾
英国首席医疗官克里斯·惠蒂教授表示:“这标志着在确定冠状病毒治疗方法方面迈出了重要的一步,该方法可以使患者受益,并为我们科学支持的抗击该病毒的方法奠定了基础。”
最后让我们一起再重温女王的那句讲话:“美好的日子将将重返,我们将再次和朋友们在一起、和家人们在一起,我们将再次相会。”
请坚持,请相信。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部