【文章】Cambridge 9 Speaking Test 3: 参考答案

Test 3
Part 1
The examiner asks the candidates about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
EXAMPLE
Telephoning
How often do you make telephone calls?[ why/ why not?]
Although I generally send emails and text messages, I still make telephone calls on a daily basis. I regularly need to call my colleagues, especially if its urgent or complicated, so its more convenient than sending text messages. However, I also make social phone calls to my friends and family, just to chat and see how their day has been!
Who do you spend most time talking to on the telephone?[why]
It changes, day to day. I probably make most phone calls to my colleague, Maria, especially as we are also friends outside of work. Sometimes I will call her to ask her a question about work, but I will also call her if I am going shopping to see if she wants anythings from the shops, to see if she wants to come over dinner, or would like to go for a bike ride! I always call my parents twice a week, on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. If I don't call then they will get worried!
When do you think you’ll next make a phone call?[why?]
I will call my American friend, Jesse, as soon as I finish work to ask him if I can borrow his big cooking pot. I have invited some friends to dinner at my apartment tomorrow evening, and I am planning to cook a big stew, so I will need to borrow his pot.
Do you sometimes prefer to send a text message instead of telephoning? [why/ why not?]
Yes certainly. I think sending text messages is often more convenient. For example, if I am on a bus or train where its too noisy, or if I am eating in a restaurant where I do not want to annoy other diners, then I will always send a text message. People often send me a text message, because they know I am teaching during the daytime and I cannot answer my phone. So instead, they send me a text message and I will reply as soon as I am free.
Part 2
Describe a journey [e.g. By car, plane, boat] that you remember well.
You should say:
Where you went
How you traveled
Why you went on the journey
and explain why you remember this journey well
You will have to talk about this topic for one to two minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you are going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
In the summer of 2010, I cycled coast-to-coast across the United States of America with two of my best friends from University.
The three of us met at university in Liverpool, and we shared an interest in cycling. We regularly went on biking and camping trips into the Lake District at weekends if we had free time. During our final year, we decided it would be a great idea to train up and attempt to cycle across the North American continent to raise money for charity.
So in July 2010, after months of training and preparation, we flew across the Atlantic Ocean to begin the 7,000 km journey across the USA.
The journey was far more challenging than we thought it would be. Both our mental and physical limits were put to the test as we cycled across mountains, deserts and rivers, sometimes going days without seeing any other people. We had to carry a lot of heavy equipment on our bikes, and we camped almost every night. If we were passing through a large town then we would stay in a hotel, to get a good night sleep and to have a shower! But more often than not, we would camp in the wild and wash in rivers and waterfalls.
Our journey began in Maryland and took us west, through the country's capital city, Washington DC, over the Appalachian mountains and the Mississippi River onto the Kansas plains. From there we continued west over the Rocky Mountains and the deserts of Utah and Nevada. Finally, we crossed the Sierra Nevada mountain range and descended through California to San Francisco.
Overall, we cycled 7,000 kilometers in 49 days, and raised over £4,000 for a children's cancer charity, which I think is an incredible achievement.
PART 3
Discussion topics :
Reasons for daily travel
Example questions :
Why do people need to travel every day ?
People need to travel for lots of different reasons. Almost everybody has to travel to work, so they can earn money and provide for their family. If a person is lucky, then they will live very close to where they work, so they can travel on foot or by bicycle. Sometimes, however, people live very far away, so they must travel by bus, train, car, or even sometimes by plane or boat!
Lots of people also travel to see friends and family, who might live in a different city, or even a different country.
But often people just like to travel for fun, to go to somewhere new, or to see a famous tourist site or place of natural beauty.
What problems can people have when they are on their daily journey ,for example to work or school ? Why is this ?
Naturally, the means and frequency by which people choose to travel is a topic that can be controversial. Pollution is becoming an increasing problem all over the world. Whenever possible, we should choose to travel in a way that does the least amount of damage to the environment. This includes walking, cycling, and using public transport such as buses and trains. Besides, if everyone travels in cars, not only will pollution problems persist, but traffic will become more congested. This will cause people to be late to school and work, and also cost businesses money.
Some people say that daily journeys like these will not be so common in the future .Do you agree or disagree ?Why ?
I agree that in the future, new methods of travel will exist, such as hovercrafts and small flying machines that will solve traffic problems. Or maybe new methods of energy and fuel will be developed which will not be as damaging to the environment, such as hydrogen power. But until such things are a reality, we must all concentrate on minimising our carbon footprint.
Benefits of international travel
Example questions :
What do you think people can learn from travelling to other countries ? Why ?
I have travelled to many countries all over the world, in Europe, Africa, North America and Asia. I think travelling has helped me to become a more interesting, knowledgeable and well-rounded individual with a greater understanding and acceptance for world cultures. Many of my friends from my hometown have never left England, and this shows in their ways of thinking, which is often limited and not as progressive. For example, they dislike responsibility, they can't take the innitiative, they dislike being out of their comfort zone, and they are uncomfortable taking the lead. Moreover, they do not know as much about other cultures' languages, beliefs, history, food, and drink. Subsequently, they can be ignorant and skeptical of foreigners in their country, which can lead to dislike and racism.
Can travel make a positive difference to the economy of a country ?How ?
I have been to over 25 countries worldwide. Often, this has been a quick trip or tour of a country, where I would see and do as much as I can in the time frame that I have. But I have also lived in two foreign countries; Uganda, where I lived for 4 months, and China, where I have been for over a year now. In both situations, I feel I have contributed to the economy of the respective countries; when I was travelling I contributed by spending money on gifts, food and accommodation, and when I have been living abroad I have paid taxes and offered my skills to the country in the form of work.
Do you think a society can benifit its members have experience of travelling to other countries ?In what ways?
Yes, I think travelling to other countires will help the individual become more interesting, knowledgeable, creative and well-rounded with a greater understanding and acceptance for world cultures. If more citizens had these progressive qualities, then naturally this will benefit the society.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 2020-2021 tigtag.com |网站地图  
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部